Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

PW's Sweet Cinnamon Scones

This has been yet another busy week in the Stoltzfus home. Will ran a fever all day yesterday after getting his shots on Wednesday. He didn't run a fever last time, so I was hopeful that this time would be the same. It wasn't. Thankfully, it only lasted one day, and today, my baby is back! Yesterday, we both spent the entire day cuddling on the couch. I did actually change out of my pj's around 2:00. Other than that, it was just cuddling. So, today, I'm trying to get caught up on things that did not get done yesterday. I might catch up sometime next year. We'll see.

Anyway, I wanted to post a recipe today, but I wanted it to be something I could post quickly. So, I'm posting someone else's recipe that I made this week (prior to the whole NO dairy at all revelation).

Tuesday, I made the Pioneer Woman's Sweet Cinnamon Scones. I love cinnamon chips and get really excited when I find new recipes that use them. So, when I came across this recipe last week, I knew I had to try it.

Instead of posting the step-by-step pictures for this recipe, I'll just post the link and let you admire the Pioneer Woman's photos. They are MUCH better than mine would be anyway! Below, I have noted a few small changes I made to the recipe...mostly out of convenience, but I'll explain the reasoning behind my substitutions/changes. Also, I made a half batch, and they turned out great!

The Pioneer Woman's Sweet Cinnamon Scones

Ingredients
  • 3 cups All-purpose Flour
  • ⅓ cups Sugar
  • 5 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
  • 2 sticks (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter
  • ¾ cups Heavy Cream (I used skim milk instead of heavy cream (sinful, I know!). I'm sure they are much better with heavy cream, but I only had skim milk in my fridge, so that's what I used, and they turned out fine)
  • 1 whole Egg (Since I halved the recipe, I only used an egg white)
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup Cinnamon Chips
Topping

(I did not put the topping on my scones. If I were serving them for dessert or a snack, I probably would, but it seemed like too much sugar for breakfast. We did spread a little bit of butter on top, and it was great!)
  • ½ cups Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
  • 1-½ teaspoon Heavy Cream
Here is a picture of my final product:



Mine may not be as pretty as PW's, but they sure were tasty! Enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment