Anyway, I wanted to post a recipe today, but I wanted it to be something I could post quickly. So, I'm posting someone else's recipe that I made this week (prior to the whole NO dairy at all revelation).
Tuesday, I made the Pioneer Woman's Sweet Cinnamon Scones. I love cinnamon chips and get really excited when I find new recipes that use them. So, when I came across this recipe last week, I knew I had to try it.
Instead of posting the step-by-step pictures for this recipe, I'll just post the link and let you admire the Pioneer Woman's photos. They are MUCH better than mine would be anyway! Below, I have noted a few small changes I made to the recipe...mostly out of convenience, but I'll explain the reasoning behind my substitutions/changes. Also, I made a half batch, and they turned out great!
The Pioneer Woman's Sweet Cinnamon Scones
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- ⅓ cups Sugar
- 5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 sticks (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- ¾ cups Heavy Cream (I used skim milk instead of heavy cream (sinful, I know!). I'm sure they are much better with heavy cream, but I only had skim milk in my fridge, so that's what I used, and they turned out fine)
- 1 whole Egg (Since I halved the recipe, I only used an egg white)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Cinnamon Chips
(I did not put the topping on my scones. If I were serving them for dessert or a snack, I probably would, but it seemed like too much sugar for breakfast. We did spread a little bit of butter on top, and it was great!)
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1-½ teaspoon Heavy Cream
Mine may not be as pretty as PW's, but they sure were tasty! Enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend!