Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5 Months Old!


Saturday, Will was officially 5 months old! Can this really be true? Is my baby really 5 months old? It really does go by as quickly as everyone tells you it will!

Let's see...this month has brought so many changes in my sweet boy. At his 4 month check up he weighed 12 lbs. 8 oz. and was 24.5 inches long. We did an unofficial weight on our scale at home a few days ago, and I think he is getting close to 15 lbs. now!

We started solids right around 4 months, but it took a couple of weeks for Will to really catch on. He's now a pro and loves meal time! Right now his diet consists of rice cereal, bananas, and sweet potatoes. He loves the bananas and sweet potatoes but is not a huge fan of the cereal. I'm trying to introduce one new food a week, and it seems to be working really well. This week we will be trying avocado, as I'm trying to get him to like something that's not sweet! He eats solids 2 or 3 times a day and still has 6 liquid feedings every day (eating about every 3 hours).

I am trying to adjust to him being awake for longer periods of time throughout the day. I like this because it makes it easier to get out and do things away from the house. I don't like this because it is difficult to get anything done around the house! Sometimes, he will play for 15-30 minutes at a time in the Exersaucer, on the floor, or in the Bumbo. Other times, he only wants to play if his mommy is giving him her full attention. I have so much fun playing with him, but I'm noticing that my housework is falling behind. Oh well. We will adjust to this new stage just like we've adjusted to all the previous stages.



Like I mentioned above, Will loves playing in his Exersaucer and on the floor with his books and toys. He LOVES being outside, so I try to spend at least a little bit of time outside with him every day. We go for walks around the neighborhood, pick leaves off the tree, and play with toys on the back porch. He also loves being high in the air. Theron will carry him around on his shoulders and even on top of his head! Will thinks it's great. He also really likes jumping while we hold him in our laps and being tossed in the air (carefully, of course). He is getting much better at sitting, although he really prefers to stand. He can roll all over the place now, which makes it much more difficult to just let him play in the floor by himself. He likes reading his books, and he is starting to really love bath time, especially splashing!

His personality is definitely shining through, and it's a little bit scary. I can already see that he is strong willed and easily frustrated. I'm not sure where he would get either of these traits...it couldn't be from his mom or dad! We had a week where he refused to take his bottle. That was a trying week for all of us! He gets so frustrated when he wants a toy that is just out of reach or when he is done playing and wants someone to come pick him up. He has also become quite the momma's boy, which has been frustrating and flattering all at the same time.



I love him more and more every day, and I am so thankful for every moment I get to spend with him. I love his sweet smiles, his precious giggles, and his cuddles, hugs, and kisses. Just this week, he has started attacking my face, like he is going to eat it, haha. I think it is his attempt at returning all the kisses I give him every day. Of course there are moments of screaming and crying and frustration, but there are so many more moments of fun and laughter and cuddles.

He is so sweet, and his smile can just melt my heart. I think my favorite time every day is when I go get him out of his crib in the morning. I look down at him and say, "Good morning, Will." Then, he looks up at me, gives me a huge grin and lifts his arms up. Best. Feeling. Ever. I love him so very much and can't wait for all the wonderful moments to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment