Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

So, it's been awhile

Hey everyone! It's been a little while since I've posted anything. It's not because I don't have anything to post...it's because life has been busy! I have this little thing called a 5-month-old boy that keeps me on my toes pretty much every day. Besides that, I am working hard in my Arbonne business; spending time with family; losing sleep because of Thunder basketball games and a teething child; trying to keep up with all the gifts I need to buy for holidays, babies, weddings, and graduations; playing in the park, at the zoo, and anywhere else I can be outside; and trying to squeeze in a few workouts here and there...you know, the usual.

Anyway, in the midst of all my "stuff," I haven't set aside much time for blogging. I also haven't set aside much time for showering or housework, but at least the important things get done.

A few nights ago, I was at an Arbonne meeting that is held monthly here in Oklahoma City. That particular night, Executive National Vice President Cecilia Stoll was speaking. She is from Edmond and is one of the top income earners in all of Arbonne. She is a wonderful Christian woman, and she has an incredible story. That night at the meeting, she posed the question "If you keep doing what you're doing, what will your life look like 5 years from now?"

She had asked herself this question when she decided to really go for it in her Arbonne business, and when that question was asked of me, it hit me pretty hard.

Five years ago, I was a college student with lots of my "big questions" unanswered. What kind of job would I have? Who would I marry? Where would I live? Would I have kids? What would they be like?  Just like so many other college students, I felt like some of the most important things in my life were still a mystery, and I looked forward to them with anticipation.

However, now, I am at a point in my life where all of those "big questions" have been answered. So what now? Do I just stop working and dreaming and thinking about my future? I don't think so. I think God has created me for a reason. He has given my life purpose and meaning, and I should use every moment I am given to live the life He has planned for me. A life of abundance...not complacence.

So, over the past week, I've really been thinking: If I keep doing what I'm doing, what will my life look like in 5 years? When I really think about it, I'm not so sure I like the answer. I love my life, and I'm very thankful for everything I have, but could things be better? Yes. Could I be better? Yes. Could I live my life more effectively? Yes.

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If I want my life to be different, I have to change what I'm doing. Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is just crazy.

So what am I going to do? I'm going to dream big, set goals for myself and my family, and work hard to achieve them. Most importantly, I'm going to seek God and His will for my life, knowing if I delight myself in Him, he will give me the desires of my heart.

If you keep doing what you're doing, what will your life look like in 5 years? Just something to think about.

1 comment: