Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

6 Months Old!


Yesterday, Will turned 6 months old, and today, we went in for his 6 month check up. It is hard to believe he is already half a year old! I remember I had just told everyone I was pregnant around this time last year.

His check up was great. He is 25 3/4 inches long and weighs 14 lbs. 13 oz. Still a little on the small side, but the pediatrician said that is perfectly normal for breastfed babies. Especially breastfed babies with small parents! He is healthy and strong, and that's what is most important.

It seems like the past month brought so many changes. He began sitting by himself, which is nice for both of us. He loves sitting in the floor playing with his toys, and I love that he can entertain himself without laying down all the time! He still loves his exersaucer, and he loves to jump! He wears my arms out daily by standing in my lap and jumping away. My biceps will be huge in a few more weeks! He doesn't seem too interested in crawling. He will scoot on his belly to get to a toy that is out of reach, and he scoots all around on his bottom when he is playing, but he really prefers to sit or stand.

He is becoming very social, and even though he still has a little bit of separation anxiety, it is getting much better. He babbles and makes noises all day long. Sometimes I wonder what in the world is going through his little mind. He has the sweetest giggle, and it's fun to find new ways to make him laugh. Peek-a-boo is one of his favorite games and usually gets a big laugh out of him.

His eating is going great. We recently switched to a 3 1/2 - 4 hour feeding schedule, so he nurses 5 times a day. He typically eats solids 3 times a day, although sometimes it is just twice. So far he has tried rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, sweet potatoes, applesauce, pears, peaches, green beans, and squash. Bananas and green beans are his favorites, and he really doesn't like peaches. He has mastered the sippy cup, but he really likes drinking out of a "big" cup. I let him have sips of my water at dinner every night. He also loves ice, especially Sonic ice...a boy after my own heart.

His nighttime sleep habits haven't changed too much, but his naps have become more consistent. He goes to bed anywhere from 7:15 to 7:45 and wakes up between 6:15 and 6:45. He takes a nap around 8:15 or 8:30 and naps anywhere from 1 1/2 - 2 hours. He takes another nap around noon for about 45 minutes, and then again around 3:00 for 45 minutes to an hour. He is also getting much better at handling it if he misses a nap. He'll usually be a little crankier than normal, but much better than if he skipped a nap before!

He recently started taking baths in the big tub, and he loves splashing in the water and playing with his bath toys. I'm hoping this means he will like the swimming pool. We will see!

He has been working on two teeth for awhile now. I can see both of them right at the surface, and I just know they are about to burst through any day now. I feel like he is too little to have teeth. Babies shouldn't have teeth, right? He just keeps growing up so fast! I can't get over it.

I could go on and on about him, but for your sake, I won't. I just love him so much. Every day I look at him and think how blessed I am to be his mom. Thank you, God, for such a precious little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment