Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Random Thoughts

So, I feel like I have all kinds of random things going through my head (this is pretty typical). Instead of writing a coherent post on one topic, I decided to make a list of all these random thoughts. Maybe this will help me sort them out and make something productive out of this day.

1. Thunder basketball has taken over my life. As many of you know, I DO NOT stay up late. 10:00 is late for me! However, the NBA playoffs have changed all this. I'm so excited to see the Thunder doing so well. It is great for the team and great for our city and state. I feel like I don't know what to do on the nights they don't have a game. I think about them, I read about them, I watch everything I can about them...I've even been dreaming about them! I'm afraid I'm starting to cross some sort of unhealthy line here. As much as I don't want the playoffs to end, I'm afraid it will be necessary for me to regain some sense of normalcy in my life. Until then...Go Thunder!

2. I tried McDonald's Frozen Strawberry Lemonade a few days ago, and I was extremely disappointed. It was WAY too sugary and cost almost $2.00 for the small size. It was a little like drinking straight syrup. I threw away over half of it becaues the few sips I took gave me a stomach ache. I will say, I do not like sugary drinks at all...most kinds of Gatorade, regular soda, and even some fruit juices are too sweet for me. If you love sugary drinks, you will probably like this. If not, don't waste your money.

3. I am way excited about what God is doing at Village Baptist Church! Theron and I have been at Village for almost 4 years. Like many other churches, it has experienced more than its fair share of ups and downs just in the time we have been there. We have loved our church all along, and it hurt us to experience those difficult times. But God is faithful! I feel like He has given our church new life and a fresh start. There is an attitude of excitement and a willingness among the congregation to serve and reach out to the community around us. I am so excited about our new pastor, Jimmy Kinnaird, and the leadership he brings. It is very refreshing, and I know God will use us if we will allow Him to do so.

4. I'm really beginning to love this whole stay-at-home mom gig! As Will gets older and the days get warmer, I'm beginning to see the many benefits of this job! I'm actually probably starting to enjoy it a little too much. Will is getting to the point where he has a little bit of separation anxiety...and I am too. It's getting harder and harder to leave him as he's beginning to understand that I am leaving. Hopefully, this will eventually get easier for both of us.

5. Simple things make my life complete...coffee, a good book, Thunder basketball, my sweet boy, my awesome hubby, great family, great friends, and probably some ice cream. Life doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment