Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Great Weekend

What a great weekend it has been!

My college roommates, Kelsey and Katie, made a stop in Oklahoma as they moved from Virginia to Nevada. I have to say, I DO NOT envy them on that trip. I hated moving a few miles away, and I can't even imagine moving across the country! Nevertheless, I was so glad they were making this stop along their way.

A few friends of ours decided it was a great opportunity for a reunion and invited everyone over to their house. I looked forward to it all week, and I was not disappointed. It was so much fun to catch up with everyone, finding out what was going on in their lives and everything that had happened since our time together at OBU. It has only been 4 years (4 years?!?) since Theron and I graduated, but it was amazing how much our lives (and the lives of our friends) had changed since then. There were boyfriends, fiances, spouses, and kids. There were people who had moved, changed jobs, and experienced major life changes in just these few short years.  It was so great to remember our fun times together. Of course, there was plenty of track talk since almost everyone there was a member of the track and/or cross country team. So many great memories that we got to look back on and enjoy all over again. I hadn't laughed so hard in a really long time. It was a great night, and I am already looking forward to our next reunion!

Then, yesterday just added to the great weekend I had started on Friday night. My sister spent the night with us on Friday, and it was fun to have some quality sister time on Saturday morning. We are almost seven years apart in age, but we have always been close. We don't get to spend a ton of time together, but when we are together, it is always great.

After a lazy morning at home, we went to my grandma's house in Norman to celebrate my dad's 50th birthday. For those of you who know my dad, you know that age is just a number! Some days he acts 5, other days he might act 15, and there are some days he even acts 35 (maybe). No matter what age he is on any given day, he is always a great dad. He is always good for a corny joke or a goofy story, but he is also there for a big hug or a serious talk. I was blessed with amazing parents, and I am appreciating them more and more the older I get.

Now that I have a baby of my own, I am just beginning to understand the way a parent loves a child. I always thought I understood how much my parents loved me and cared about me, but I am finding out I had no idea. It is truly indescribable. Now I am getting to watch my parents become grandparents, and I am thinking that is another type of love you just can't understand until you experience it.

I am so thankful for every opportunity I have to spend with my family, and yesterday was no exception! It was a great way to spend a Saturday.

Now, I am having my typical lazy Sunday, which I absolutely love. We had a great time at church this morning, picked up some lunch to eat at home, watched some basketball, played with Will on the floor, and now both of my boys are napping before we go back to church this evening. Perfect!

It really was a great weekend. Maybe it doesn't appear too exciting  or spectacular, but  it was absolutely perfect in my opinion. I hope you've all enjoyed your weekend as much as I have enjoyed mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment