Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Chicken Burritos (re-posted)

Chicken Burritos (re-posted from Menus and Recipes page)

These are the chicken burritos we had for dinner Monday night. I wouldn't really even call this a recipe because you can build your burrito any way you like! Here's what I did, though:

First, I baked several boneless, skinless chicken breasts on Monday afternoon. I only needed one for the burritos, but I put the others in the fridge or freezer to be used at a later date and time. For the chicken, I just put them on a greased baking sheet, drizzled a little olive oil over them, sprinkled them with salt and pepper, and baked them at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Next, I cut one of the baked chicken breasts into small pieces. I also cut up half of a red onion, half of a tomato, and some fresh cilantro (I love cilantro!).



Then I took some flour tortillas (I didn't make them this time...but homemade tortillas are on my list of "things I want to make"). I heated the tortillas for about 35 seconds in the microwave just to soften them up.

I started by smearing about 1 Tablespoon of guacamole on the tortilla. Then I piled on the chicken, veggies, and cilantro. I sprinkled this with a little lime juice and cumin.



Then I rolled it all up and placed it in a greased casserole dish, seam side down. Then just lather, rinse, repeat...OR just repeat the process until you run out of tortillas.

After you have placed all of them in the casserole dish, pour your favorite salsa on top.

NOTE:  I would have added cheese to both the inside of the burritos and on top of everything if it wasn't for this pesky I can't eat dairy phase I'm going through right now. Breastfeeding. That's all I have to say about that.

Anyway, your burritos should look something like this:



Except yours probably have cheese on top!

To finish them off, just stick them in your oven (that has been pre-heated to 350) and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until your cheese is nice and melted and gooey.

This is a super simple, fast meal that is great for a busy weeknight. You could also make these ahead of time and put them in the fridge or freezer to eat later. It never hurts to have something on stand by!

No comments:

Post a Comment