Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

7 Months Old

Thursday, June 30, Will turned 7 months old. Each month seems to go by faster than the month before! I can't believe he is more than halfway to his first birthday...that seems so crazy to me.

No check up this month, so I don't have an official weight, but according to our bathroom scale he weighs about 16 pounds.  I can also tell he's getting longer because all of his onesies are too short! Right now he wears mostly 6-9 month onesies and rompers and 3-6 month shorts. The kid has no waist or butt, and unfortunately, he comes by that quite honestly.  He is still wearing size 2 diapers, but I think we'll be moving up to size 3 pretty soon.

One of the major developments this month was his ability to be much more mobile (say that three times fast). He wants nothing to do with the traditional method of crawling and has established his own unique combination of crawling and scooting. It looks like he's going to crawl, but then he pulls his bottom forward and scoots. As soon as he reaches his desired destination, he rolls over to his back and then pushes himself back up to a sitting position. The great thing for me is that he really doesn't move around too much unless he needs to get something (a toy, a bug, a piece of paper, etc.). Once he gets what he wants, he is very happy to sit there and play with it until his mean mom comes to take it away (only the bugs and sometimes the papers). He gets very frustrated when he can't get himself back up to sitting, but he is getting much better at it.

He has also started pulling up on things. He loves standing up, and even though he thinks he can stand by himself...he can't. He will pull to standing and let go of whatever he pulled himself up on. This has resulted in a few falls and minor crashes, but hopefully he's starting to get the message! He still loves to jump, and I truly believe he might hop instead of walking. No joke.

Will got to swim in the big pool for the first time this month. To say he loved it is an understatement. He was content in his float for quite awhile, but I wanted to really let him play in the water, so I got him out. He thought it was the best thing ever! He kicked his little legs as fast as he could, and he could not get enough of splashing. I'm not sure who was more worn out at the end of swimming...me or him. Either way, I can't wait to go again.

Eating and sleeping are still going great. We haven't met a food he doesn't like. He also started eating finger foods this month, which is nice for both of us. Right now he is mainly eating Cheerios, Little Puffs, and small pieces of banana. I love it because this is a great activity for him while we're eating or while I'm trying to cook. His sleep schedule hasn't really changed, although, we're starting to phase out the third nap. Some days he takes it...some days he doesn't, and he seems to do fine either way.

Will really loves to "talk," especially in the morning. Right now his favorite thing to say sounds like blah...blah...blah, which absolutely cracks me up. He has thrown in a few mama's and dada's, and even though he doesn't know what he's saying...we still love it!

He is a little bundle of energy and his sweet personality comes through more and more each day. I can't get enough of his hugs and his slobber-filled kisses. His sweet smile absolutely melts my heart.

Happy 7 months Will Cooper Stoltzfus! I love you more than you'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment