Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

10 Months

Well, it's been awhile since I blogged, but you know I wouldn't miss one of Will's monthly updates! Wow, this month flew by. Just like all the rest. I'm afraid this post could get really long because I feel like SO much has happened this month. I'll try my best just to hit the highlights.

The major milestone of the month is that Will started walking! He is still a selective walker. He doesn't walk all the time...he actually still crawls quite a bit. I think it's because he can still get around faster crawling than walking. He is walking more and more each day, though, and I know crawling will be a thing of the past before I blink my eyes.

He is also picking up more words all the time. Along with the words he learned last month, he can say book, milk, more, done, and OOOOOOOOOOO U!

He loves to laugh and to tease Mommy and Daddy. He also loves to clap and cheer for himself. All the time. I'm pretty sure this kid won't have any self-esteem issues. He still loves to cuddle, and I can't get enough of his sweet hugs and kisses. He has a new pal...Mr. Bear. It is a stuffed animal his Aunt Molly gave him, and he loves to drag him around the house, push him in the baby swing, and give him hugs.

Will still loves being outside, so we try to take a walk every day, and most days we play at the park. We've also been meeting Theron at the park for lunch once a week, and Will loves getting to see his daddy at lunch time.

He is a VERY good eater. I've stopped giving him baby food because he loves feeding himself, and he's not quite ready to use a spoon by himself yet. It's quite a battle and a huge mess if I try to feed him, so finger foods it is! He is eating all kinds of foods and doesn't seem too picky...yet. We are still nursing 3 times a day. I honestly never thought I would really nurse for a full year, but now that we've made it this far, I'm determined to finish! I did replace one nursing session with a cup of formula or breast milk if I have any stored. He is doing really well with this transition, and I'm hoping gradually eliminating one nursing session at a time will make the change easier on both of us.

I have no idea how much he weighs now, but I know he is growing. He is wearing mostly 12 month or 12-18 month tops and 6-9 month bottoms. He is also wearing shoes most of the time now since he is walking, and he wears a size 3 or 3.5.

I really can't get over how much I love him. Even when he frustrates me. Even when he wakes up screaming in the middle of the night. Even when he throws a fit when he doesn't get his way. I still love him more than I ever could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment