Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Year, New You

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Now, we look forward to the New Year, and for a lot of people that means New Year's resolutions. You can read more about my thoughts on New Year's Resolutions in this post from last year. Simply put, I'm not a huge fan. I feel like people often make them out of obligation and because they feel like they should, not because they're really intent on changing something in their life.

While I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, I am a big fan of deciding you'd like to make a change in your life, setting goals, and establishing a plan to reach those goals. You can do this ANY time, but the New Year is a great time to evaluate where you are and where you would like to be. Theron and I set aside time to do this every January, and then, we evaluate and adjust our goals throughout the year. Based on things we've learned from Keith Kochner at mentorfish.com, we will be looking at goals related to our Faith, Finances, Foundation, Health, and Relationships this year. I think these are great general categories to evaluate every once in awhile. Of course, you can set your goals however you would like in any area(s) you would like.

One of my goals this year is to pursue my passion for health and wellness more intensely. In specific terms, I'm not exactly sure what this looks like yet. This is still a goal in progress :). However, one specific thing I am going to do is to blog consistently about health and wellness. I follow plenty of health and wellness blogs, so I know there are already a lot of them out there, but I feel like this is a way for me to connect to people who may be interested in weight loss, healthy eating, exercising, improving their overall health, or all of the above! These are all great areas of interest to me and while I am by no means an expert in any of these areas, I love to learn more about them all the time. I feel like the fact that I'm not an expert is actually an advantage in relating to real people just like me. I'm on a tight budget, I don't have lots of exercise equipment, I don't have lots of extra time, and I have a family to feed and take care of. Hopefully, as I find answers and simple ways for us to live a healthy lifestyle, I can pass them on to all of the other "regular" people out there who might be looking for the same answers.

I plan to blog healthy recipes, exercise routines that require little time and little/no equipment, general tips for healthy living, and encouragement and motivation. Even if your goals are not health-related, I also plan to blog about goal setting and simple steps you can take to reach your goals.

As you look forward to the new year, I hope you will look at areas in your life you would like to change or specific things you would like to accomplish. I also hope you'll check back in occasionally to see what's going on here!

- What are your goals for the new year? 
- Is there anything specific you would like me to post about in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment